The third annual Texas Plastic Pollution Symposium will be held on March 4th and 5th, 2021 at the Beach Resort in South Padre Island, Texas. The purpose of this meeting is to bring scientists together to discuss plastic research being conducted in the state of Texas, and to bring awareness to plastics in the environment. March 4th will consist of research presentations and posters, and March 5th will include a cleanup on the beach and workshops related to plastics in the environment. Thanks to the Matagorda Bay Mitigatino Trust for sponsoring the event through a grant to Nurdle Patro, and thanks to the planning committee: Gulf Guardians, Surfrider Foundation Texas Coastal Bend Chapter, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Costa Cleanups, City of South Padre, Texas Sea Grant, the University of Texas Marine Science Institute, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and the Mission-Aransas Research Reserve for making the event possible.
Previous Meeting Programs:
- Program for the 3rd Annual Texas Plastic Pollution Symposium.
- Program for the 2nd Annual Texas Plastic Pollution Symposium.
- Program for the 1st Annual Texas Plastic Pollution Symposium.
Past Presentations from the 2018 Plastic Pollution Symposium :
1. The Big Shell Beach Cleanup - Baxter
2. Love Laredo B.I.G 2018 - Cortez
3. Texas Marine Debris Response Guide 2018 - Gohres
4. Don't Trash a Good Thing - Hackney
6. Ocean Friendly Restaurants - Irps
7. First Steps - Peart
9. Life on a nurdle - Pinnell
11. Abondoned crab trap removal program - Thomas
12. A gelatinous solution to plastic pollution - Tiller